At the beginning, I had no idea what a disclosure policy meant, and I never thought I would need one. What has changed now is that I have huge plans for The Writing Shed, hopefully with a lot of participation from you. Because of this, I want The Writing Shed to be a place of trust, respect and friendship between you and me. I don’t want to take a lot of your time with this, so let’s go straight to the point. I need you to know these things:
- This website could become a source of income in the future, therefore it may contain affiliate links
- All of these will be identified by a *
- I will not link to anything I haven’t used or tried myself, or bought myself, and if I do, I will make it clear to you.
- Also, just to remind you, you will see the message: *Contains affiliate links* at the beginning of each post that has any affiliate links
- I may also choose to display all of the products in one single page, which you only need to visit if you wish to do so.
- I will be ever so grateful if you decide to purchase any of the things I endorse, so a HUGE THANKS in advance. 🙂
Ok, let’s move on to another policy. Privacy. Some more things I’d like you to know.
- I really hope that my content is not republished from this blog without my consent, and I’m not responsible if it happens.
- You will see some ads when you visit the website. I will try my best to choose ads that are relevant to our content and that don’t spoil your reading experience. These ads are provided throught third-party advertising companies which may use info about your visit to this and other websites (NOT YOUR PERSONAL INFO) so they can provide those ads on pages like Facebook and MSN.com about products of interest to you. (To be honest, only today I found out where they come from!) If you want to find out more and see opt-out options regarding the use of this information, you can visit Network Advertising Initiative.
I know, I know… Please don’t go just yet. This part is really important. We’re nearly there. The comments policies are also very important. As I keep saying, this website is a “place” where we are supposed to feel safe, encouraged, motivated, trusted and respected. There are only a few things:
- When you leave a comment, imagine you are talking to a friend. The topics on the website are not always going to be something easy to talk about, so tact and empathy is fundamental.
- Remember to criticise with kindness – any rude, disrespectful, hateful and obscene will be immediately deleted.
- The website has a spam filter, so when you leave a comment (which will be moderated), don’t include a link, or your comment will be filtered.
- I use CommentLuv, so when you leave a comment, and your url, your most recent post will be listed. 🙂
There. Phew! I feel better already. I hope you are still there, and thanks for your patience. I just needed to get these things clear to make sure you feel comfortable and safe on my website.
Now we’re ready to go. 🙂
See you around!